Maya Productions are delighted to be partnering on this new festival
Open call for creative proposals
DISRUPT is a brand new digital arts festival taking place 8-9 July 2021. The event will explore how the performing arts has supported communities during the pandemic and how a year of uncertainty and change has encouraged new and radical ways of working. It’s time to unlearn, rethink and restructure.
The deadline for applications is noon, 30 January 2021.
What we are looking for?
We want to fund projects that will premiere or showcase work at DISRUPT 2021. In particular we want:
- new and experimental performance-based projects created with, by and for communities during the pandemic.
- tools and tactics to build skills on new or different ways of working in the performing arts, including practical steps on how communities, artists and organisations can collaborate.
- projects that explore alternative and more democratic futures for the performing arts.
Who can apply
DISRUPT is open to communities, community organisations, researchers, creatives, artists, charities and arts organisations that work meaningfully together. Applications must be co-written by a community partner and a creative partner. For more information on what we mean, take a look at the Open Call and our Terms & Conditions.
What we can fund
- We have structured the call around three programme strands, and you can apply for between £1,000 and £5,000.
- We can 100% fund projects or part-fund them.
- You must be able to premiere an aspect of your work digitally for DISRUPT 2021. For further information on this, please see the Open Call document.
Open Call (PDF)
Large format Open Call (DOCX)
Terms and Conditions (PDF)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is noon, 30 January 2021
- Fill in an application form, available as an online form here.
You can also answer the longer written questions via video or audio application by adding a private YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud link to that section of the form.
- Please download a budget template here, which you should upload to the online form.
- You can use our Microsoft Word version of the application form to draft your application before you complete the online form. If possible, please still use the online form to apply.
- If you prefer, you can apply by sending an email attaching your completed Word application and budget to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need support filling in your application, we’re happy to help on the phone. Just shoot us an email to arrange an appointment email@example.com.
Out of fairness to other applicants, we are unable to give detailed advice about your project. However, access support is available for all applications and we can answer brief, factual questions regarding the Open Call and process by email.
Who we are
DISRUPT is a festival created in partnership with Barbican; Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance; Culture Mile; Guildhall School of Music & Drama; Lived Experience Network, Maya Productions; Museum of London; and Slung Low.
The project is coordinated by Guildhall School of Music & Drama and Barbican. If you would like to get in touch with us to ask a question, talk about your application, eligibility, or if you’d like support filling in the application, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.